Celebrating Over 70 Years of Sisterhood
Alumnae members of the Epsilon Alpha Chapter at Pennsylvania State University started coming together in the mid-1940’s as an informal social club.
Under the leadership of Nancy Leuschner (pictured below on right), The Greater Harrisburg Alumnae Club was officially organized in October 1959. May 21, 1960 the club was installed by Edith Anderson.
Convention 1969 in Los Angeles, CA represented great change for AOII. All alumnae clubs were voted to become official chapters. Greater Harrisburg’s Alumnae chapter was installed September 10, 1969.
Our membership includes initiates from many chapters including Chi Epsilon, Delta Chi, Epsilon, Epsilon Alpha, Gamma Beta, Phi Beta, Pi, Sigma Alpha, Sigma Rho, Tau Lambda and Upsilon Lambda. Among our active alumnae members, we have several international officers, international volunteers and collegiate chapter advisors. Our chapter has had the honor of hosting many AOII regional events and AOII days.